Ok, ok… So I haven’t blogged in forever. Can I tell you all something? I’m gonna. See, I have a brother that’s pretty ill. I blogged about it a while back. I don’t talk about it a lot because, well, it’s not really a fun thing to talk about. Anyway, a lot of my energy is being expended right now on family, and I’m afraid it’s impeding both my blogging and my Tweeting. It’s a damn shame, really. You guys are missing out on some quality Paula In The Country thoughts. I’m certain you’ve all felt an emptiness inside because of it. Or not. Whatever. Anyway, I was nominated for this award thingy a long time ago, and I’m just now getting around to doin’ this thang. So… here we go:
First off, thank you, http://athenenoelle.wordpress.com/ for nominating me for such a prestigious award, just for doing nothing other than occasionally amusing myself by rambling about absurd things. I feel like just Jennifer Lawrence at the Oscars, except that I’m totally way cuter. Yep. That’s my story, and I’m stickin’ to it. And now… to answer all these questions. Whew. I’m exhausted already.
1. Do you think having to answer questions for an award is stupid? If so, proceed to the rules, and ignore the questions. You can ignore the rules too! I don’t care. I still like you just the way you are.
I don’t HAVE to answer anything. You can’t make me. You just said so right up there.
2. What color just makes you so happy, and why?
Orange. Because it is the color of carrot cake, and carrot cake makes me happy.
3. Do you have a favorite bug? Why is it your favorite?
I do not have a favorite bug. Except maybe those bugs in the movie Bugs. They were cute. In real life, though, all bugs can pretty much suck it.
4. Do you believe in reincarnation? What is your reason for your belief, and do you feel you have proof if its existence?
Maybe. I’m not really sure. It seems a little farfetched, but my brother swears he was a weed at my parents’ wedding before he was born. True story. My family is weird.
5. How do you define “infinity”? They say our universe is infinite. Can you even conceive of the infinite? I can’t, so don’t feel bad if you can’t either.
This question is requiring me to think hard way too early in the morning, so I’m moving on.
6. What do you think real love is?
Real love means I’m never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down, never gonna run around… Wait… That’s a Rick Astley song. Never mind.
7. What do you dream about, if you remember your dreams?
The older I get, the less I remember my dreams. My last memorable one was about mutant puppies and me giving birth to kittens, though. You know, normal stuff. I had nipples on my stomach. Whatevs.
8. Do you believe in living with someone if you’re not married, with all of that packing and trouble for a relationship that could end in a few months?
I think living with someone prior to marriage is a requirement. I ain’t gonna marry someone I know leaves a dribble of pee running down the front of the toilet daily.
9. Do you think all Muslims are evil terrorists? (I don’t). Like all extremists, I think they are a small percentage of the total population.
No, but I think those red hat ladies are.
10. Do you like your nose? If you could have a celebrity’s nose, whose would it be, and would it go with your face, aesthetically speaking?
My nostrils look like peanuts, and I have far too many blackheads, but otherwise my nose is ok. I think I’d like a nose like Jennifer Grey’s new nose, but I think it’d look odd on my big head.
11. Do you believe in God/a Creator, and if you do, do you think God is a man or a woman, or just a Presence or a Being?
I think there’s something out there, but I don’t think I’m smart enough to know what he/she/it is. I’m pretty sure he/she/it has a Samuel L. Jackson voice, though.
Shit… 11 random facts? Good Lord, this is like the SATs up in here. Here we go:
– I have three older brothers. I’m the baby, and the only girl. My parents stopped at me because they knew they had created perfection. Again, that’s my story, and I’m stickin’ to it.
– I’m scared of the ocean, bridges, flying, and bees.
– I still don’t know what I want to be when I grow up.
– One time in junior high science class, I was reading out loud and I said ‘orgasm’ instead of ‘organism’. It still haunts me to this day.
– I used to be a fat girl in my late teens/early 20’s. Then I got real skinny, then back to semi-fat, and now I’m somewhere in between.
– Yesterday I biked 20 miles, and I feel like someone butt raped me.
– I have a dolphin tattoo on my lower back, and it is the stupidest-looking tattoo ever. Never get a tattoo when you’re 18 years old. I need to start a campaign about this so others don’t ever have to live in shame of their lower back region like I do.
– I love musicals. LOVE them. I’ve actually taken some theatre classes, and I can sing, but sadly, I cannot dance unless it’s an accidental twerk. I wish I’d taken some dance and gotten into the theatre stuff in high school, because it seems like it’s just plain fun.
– I want to go to Greece at least once before I die. I want to see the ruins, eat the food, and sleep with a hot Greek stranger.
– I was a virgin until I was 24 years old. Despite my naughty librarian appearance, I’m really a good girl. But if I ever find the right dude and fall in love, it is SO on.
Hey look, I did 11 already! That wasn’t so hard. Now for my nominees!
And the questions:
1. Do you prefer to blog with or without pants on?
2. Can you please tell me how many licks it takes to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop?
3. Who would you run into a burning building to save?
4. Are you at all psychic?
5. Have you ever been arrested?
6. What’s your favorite decade?
7. If you could have drinks with one person, living or dead, who would it be, and why?
8. What is your favorite household appliance?
9. Do you believe in ghosts?
10. Why’s the sky blue?
11. What’s your favorite book and/or author?
I think that’s enough questions. I have to go pee.
The rules: (which, of course, are made to be broken)
- Thank the person who nominated you and post a link to their blog on your blog. (There’s no need, if you don’t feel like it).
- Display the award on your blog–by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Don’t feel bad if you don’t know what a “widget” or a “gadget” is. I didn’t either.)
- Answer 11 questions about yourself which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
- Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs you feel deserve this award, who have less than 1000 followers.
- Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
- List these rules on your post. Once you have written published it, you then have to:
- Inform people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster Award and provide a link for them to your post so they can learn about it (they might not have heard of it!)
Now I have to figure out how to inform my nominees that they’re nominees.
Blogging is hard.